My computer desk is an old kitchen table which already has a pretty shabby appearance. And a size of a work surface is too small. Unfortunately, I now don’t have spare time to build myself the new computer desk, so I decided to just replace the table top. So I went to the workshop. So I have glued the panel together. I have used the PVA glue. While gluing I didn’t use dowels, biscuits or dominos. I am confident in the strength of the glue seam, that is, I am confident in the quality of the glue that I’m using. I consider that using dowels or biscuits to prevent boards from sliding around during the glue up and not for the strength of the glue seam. Since the panel isn’t very big I decided not use the dowels. To help keep all of the pieces aligned during the glue up I have clamped edges of the panel with the board and clamp. This helps the panels stay flat after the glue up but not perfectly flat. In production, such panels are throwing through the planer or drum sander but a capacity of my planer is smaller than the panel so I will be flattening it by hand with a hand plane and orbit sander. Now I’m gonna let this panel sit overnight, so the glue dry. Tomorrow I’m gonna continue to make the panel. I will need to even out and smooth the surface, and make a finish. I have cut the panel to final length. Now I want to verify the quality gluing. This offcut is the weakest place in the panel. And now I will be breaking it and look where it will be breaking, along the glue joints or fibers. These are pieces. A glue line here, along the fibers. Here along the fibers as well. Along the fibers. This is the single spot where broke along the glue joint but here left the pieces of fibers. It’s explained by the fact that when throwing boards through the planer Makita turned out steps on ends of the boards. In the cause, the boards don’t lay to each other tightly in edges of the panel. I always take this into account and use the more longer boards during the glue up and then I cut off these not quality spots. But even this case, the quality of gluing is very well. I have ended the finish. For this, I used a solvent based lacquer. The first layer is applied a dark stain. I always choose to use the dark stain when to work with pine because pine of a natural color doesn’t look beautiful due to a lot of amount knots and other defects in the wood. Pine always has a lot of defects so the dark stain masks that defects. Followed by a layer of lining. Then I sanded with a sponge by hand. I use 220 or 240 grit sponge. Can be sanded with 320 grit paper in the sander but need be careful as perhaps wipe the layer off. I often make this mistake so I choose to sand by hand. And followed by a layer of lacquer. I’m usually using a mat lacquer. I think that this is perfect for pine. Now I come back home and start to attach the panel to the base. I would like to say about such a way of attaching the panel to the base. In theory, this is unacceptable. There is a risk that the panel will crack but in practice, I have never had such a thing. But I applied such attachment only with cheap conifer wood such so pine and larch. I don’t know what to will become with the panel of hardwood. To accommodate wires, I need cut a hole in the top. I like it. I quickly and inexpensively got kind of the new computer desk.